- We have safe swimming at the end of the drive! Cross the road and you're on the beach and ready to wiggle your toes in the sand.
- Take a short stroll to the nearby cafe/restaurant (“The Deck”) for a coffee or meal.
- Enjoy a variety of scenic coastal and mountain walks to suit all levels of fitness - including Mt Manaia and Mt Aubrey which are within walking distance from your accommodation. Also, check out the popular walks via the Department of Conservation website: www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/places-to-go/northland/places/whangarei-heads-area/
- Hear our Kiwi at night or in the early hours of the morning... this website link will help you identify the sound of the male and femail kiwi, along with other NZ birds: www.doc.govt.nz/nature/native-animals/birds/bird-songs-and-calls/
- Go snorkelling in the bay or in the nearby marine reserve (Reotahi).
- Want to fish? There are plenty of great fishing spots.
- Explore the calm bays and coves by kayak (we provide a two seat kayak for free during your stay, including life jackets).
- If you feel like a great surf in one of best surfing beaches, just 10 minutes drive away is “Ocean Beach”. With its sand dunes and beautiful scenery one can see why it is a popular destination for a great day.
- If you bring your own boat you can enjoy a variety of water sports and anchor in front of your accommodation.
- You can enjoy day trips driving to discover the wonderful selection of Northland towns and return to the comforting and warm accommodation you have selected as your home away from home.
There is a multitude of delights you can do or see.... or just take time out and relax....